What is Sherlock?
For most Americans, life after 60 will represent at least one third of your adult life. It's a new chapter to be filled with new stories, new challenges, and new opportunities — but this time with some hard-earned wisdom, a lot more perspective, and a few well-earned laugh lines.
But it also brings with it an unfamiliar maze of confusing, costly, and complicated decisions. From selecting Medicare and signing up for Social Security to managing insurance and finances, understanding housing options and even planning for end-of-life and your legacy. Where do you turn?
is building the operating system for life after age 60, designed for the digitally savvy generation and their families. We are reinventing industries with over $100 billion in annual revenue and bringing retirement into the 21st century. We’re a new type of membership that gives you one place to turn for all of the administrative tasks and decisions of the last chapter of life. We understand you, your life, and your goals and help you make the right decisions at the right time. We empower you to define your best chapter yet.
We’re a small team of former founders and startup veterans with expertise building full-stack consumer products in healthcare and finance. We’ve experienced the frustration of helping our parents and grandparents navigate life after 60, and decided to do something about it.
Sherlock was founded mid-2020 and is backed by Andy Johns (Unusual), Soleio Cuervo (Combine), Charles Hudson (Precursor) along with founders and executives from Adobe, Figma, Instacart, Dropbox, Uber, Blend, Slack, Twitter, Headspace, WeWork, Spotify, Google, Walgreens, eHealth, Notion, Opendoor, and One Medical.
We will be fully remote
until COVID subsides and then will be hybrid-remote with HQ in San Francisco and local market offices.
What you'll do.
- Build product: You will own end-to-end development of large parts of our product. You will work closely with our Design and Member Experience teams (think financial planners, insurance agents, estate lawyers, Navigators) and our Members to test and define what we build.
- Build our team and culture: As part of the founding team, you’ll be a key early leader shaping our culture, strategy, and product. You will craft the Sherlock Engineering culture - within Engineering and across the company - and set the quality bar high for all of our experiences and teammates.
- You care deeply about delivering high-quality experiences and approach development with a high degree of craft
- You have led products from ideation through development, launch, and evolution at scale
- You are highly proficient with React and Typescript
- You have a strong design sense and care about polish
- You are comfortable owning large parts of our product and driving the development and roadmap
- You love understanding complicated workflows and information and distilling them into delightfully simple solutions
- You have a passion for fintech, legal tech, healthcare, and building experiences for those over 60
Our team celebrates diverse backgrounds. We believe building a team as diverse as the populations we serve is critical to our success. Individuals seeking employment at Sherlock are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.