Founded in 2009, TeamSnap has changed the way people manage sports and group activities. Over 22 million coaches, administrators, players, and parents rely on TeamSnap’s powerful but easy-to-use solutions for communication, scheduling, payment collection, registration, real-time game sharing and much more. With TeamSnap, organizers save time, can focus on what matters, and keep participants happy.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and we empower our people to bring big ideas to life and into our customer’s hands. We work hard and play hard. TeamSnap is a regular on Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work.
TeamSnap is seeking a Frontend Senior Software Engineer to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth. We're looking for people that are self-directed and have big ideas with tiny egos. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
What do You Need to Succeed
- You have experience leading projects and/or teams building scalable web applications and services.
- Experience and familiarity with React and Redux.
- Experience evolving and improving legacy software applications and services.
- Experience developing solutions that enable others to be more effective in their job and improve their confidence in delivering quality code.
- Ability to debug and fix complex problems that may span a number of systems.
- A strong testing attitude and experience writing valuable automated tests.
- Passion for great solutions and user experience. We want you to be interested in what makes a great product for our customers(whether TeamSnap users or other developers).
- Willingness to work with others to help build a better frontend ecosystem at TeamSnap.
- Enjoy working on a collaborative, fully distributed and self directed agile team communicating directly in zoom swarms to asynchronous within slack
- A sense of humor… or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes.
- A willingness to travel (when it’s safe) to other parts of the country for all company gatherings, team meetings, conferences, and the like.
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Ideally you’re a Polyglot that likes to tinker with new languages and frameworks to keep your skills sharp(e.g. Ruby, Elixir, Golang, Typescript, GraphQL).
- Been a part of a distributed agile team.
- Experience working with functional programming concepts.
- Opinions on code structure, reuse, and component libraries.
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD and release management.
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Dolittle-style.
How do I know if TeamSnap is the right place for me?
-You want to get to work on a product people use and love (yes people will stop you on the street and show you our app on their phone)
-You relentlessly pursue the voice of the customer
-You’re a strong communicator who’s not afraid to ask the right questions
-You are looking for a company with a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan to blow the socks off our competition.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
-Competitive salary and equity
-Unlimited vacation, flexible PTO and parental leave for all parents
-100% premium coverage of Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
-Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
-Free TeamSnap swag-
Inclusion and Diversity
TeamSnap is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs. TeamSnap does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws