Apply for this job
Alpha Medical is seeking a React Native Engineer that will lead an initiative to make the Alpha Medical platform available for native download on iOS devices. This engineer will lead the development and implementation to port over our existing React web application to the iOS platform, and (once released) will support further feature developments to ensure that the web and native iOS experiences are aligned moving forward.
- 3 or more years of experience working with React and React Native
- BS in Computer Science or related field involving coding, or 5 years of equivalent experience
- Experience taking ownership of large development projects
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Understand how to communicate with a backend interface (REST, GraphQL)
- Willingness to be involved in all stages of the development process including definition, documentation, and testing
- Ability to communicate project goals and timelines to leadership team
- Knowledge of the the iOS App Store submission and review process
- Experience with task management platforms such as Asana, JIRA, etc.
- Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills
You may be a great fit if you are…
- Independent and self-motivated to work remotely
- Have worked in, or are interested in working in Healthcare
- Interested in taking ownership of one of the platforms that Alpha Medical will be available on
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you will play a leading role in expanding access to the Alpha Medical platform
- Adaptable in an environment where priorities may change quickly and frequently
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons
- Working Remotely
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan
Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions covering Primary & Urgent Care, Reproductive Health, and Mental Health. Patients access the service through our mobile- and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in almost 40 states with plans to continue our state expansion.