Fender Digital is a division of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”) located in Hollywood, CA. It is the newest division making apps, websites, platforms and tools to compliment the guitars, amps and audio gear that Fender makes. Building on this brand authenticity, Fender is building a digital ecosystem of products and interactive experiences for the new and experienced player alike. We are aiming to create products — digital and physical — that enable all players at every point in their musical journey.
Fender is an American icon — born in Southern California and with a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it is a cultural symbol that resonates across fashion and entertainment circles as well.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, React to help create and maintain new features and functionality for our suite of web applications and native apps. They will drive our understanding of web functionality and be a key contributor on a highly skilled, cross-functional team. The ideal candidate demonstrates an understanding of the client-side web ecosystem, participate in meaningful discussions, and work closely within a diverse, collaborative, and agile team.
About the Job:
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to design and develop new features and functionality for our web applications.
- Create high-quality, testable, shippable code, and support code reviews for teammates.
- Contribute to an overall web engineering roadmap, including research of the latest processes, frameworks, and user experience design.
- Continuously improve our client-facing experience that has set Fender apart by maintaining a polished experience at a high level
- Ship new features and functionality across locales, in collaboration with product, marketing, IT, and executive teams.
What You Need:
- 3+ years of experience in a client web engineering role for a high-trafficked customer-facing application
- Ability to drive implementation details based on an understanding for the end user’s interaction and experience with the web from their devices (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Demonstrated ability to work in agile, high-quality engineering, design, and product teams.
- Strong sense of curiosity and eagerness to learn and develop Fender’s overall web engineering strategy in a team environment.
- Experience with React Native for app deployment to iOS and Android is a plus.