We're looking for a talented engineer who can help us build an amazing product and shape the trajectory of our team.
What You’ll Do
• Upgrade our technology to a modern React / Node stack, with the potential to reuse components on other apps and devices
• Develop and ship features to improve user experience and business metrics
• Collaborate with various stakeholders including Founders, Engineers, Designers to shape the best user experience
• Work in an agile environment using Kanban and sprints
• Give and receive code review feedback
• Shape the engineering team and culture as an early employee
What We’re Looking For
• At least 2-5 years of professional experience in frontend and backend development
• Strong back end experience using Node.js and Express
• Strong knowledge of NoSQL data structures and models (we use Firebase)
• Experience with AWS is a plus
• Experience with Git and Git workflow is a plus
• Experience with CDNs and content delivery is a plus
• Experience with React Native and mobile development is a plus
• Understanding of software engineering best practices and object-oriented designs
• Knowledge and experience with using open source products
Who You Are
• Ability to operate in a fast paced agile and entrepreneurial startup environment
• Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to reach out and get the work done • with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills and empathy
• Good at asking the right questions, not just giving what you think are the right answers
• A good sense of humor
• Easy and fun to work with
• Experience and love of dance is a plus
What It’ll Be Like
We’re a group of smart and fun people focused on building an amazing place to work. It’s our mission to make dance accessible to the world. As a startup in order to achieve this dream, it requires us to move fast, stay hyper-focused, and put in the grind.
We work really hard here, but it’s an extremely fun journey and our team makes it all worth it.
It’s important to us that you enjoy the work and achieve your personal goals. We will always judge you on your results and nothing else.
- ?STEEZY Squad