Software Engineer (React)
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
About The Role
As a frontend engineer at Arcade, you will be responsible for helping us bring our product to the next million front-line workers across the globe. You will work on the core app (web & React Native), our main website, and new experiences (like Teams and Slack bots).
What you'll do day to day:
- Team with our talented designer to ship core experiences end-to-end
- Pioneer the way for our new experiences (greenfield project), building core app experiences in new domains (Microsoft Teams & Slack)
- Deconstruct complex UX flows to deliver simple and exciting web interfaces
- You have experience with Typescript, React, Redux, or other popular frontend tool kits
- You have shipped production apps to consumers and/or businesses
- You enjoy writing E2E tests with Mocha and Cypress
- You have a keen eye for UX and design
- You are familiar with the Microsoft Teams toolkit, including Adaptive Cards
- You are familiar and competent with Next.js and the Vercel landscape
- You have customized Chakra-UI or a similar ui-kit to your liking
- You have built a Slack Bot, or something similar (even if just for fun!)
Benefits at Arcade
- 4 weeks of paid leave a year
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous technical stipend for equipment setup
- Monthly team activities like lunches and happy hours
- Create the toolkit that will shape gamification at work. We are pioneering gamification for the workplace, helping make work more exciting for everyone — from the desk workers within sales teams, to delivery drivers out in the field, to floor workers within warehouses, everyone has a right to enjoy what they do.
- Work on interesting problems. We are processing sales and performance data for thousands of workers. We have quantified progress for hundreds of thousands of goals. We've given out thousands of dollars in incentives. And we're just getting started!
- Build the place you want to work. The first million happy people at work starts here. Our team is small and people still wear many hats. We value balance, input, and experimentation. Join a team ready to build, have fun, and grow — together.