Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code within their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
Where You Come In:
- Design and build maintainable & scalable web systems to support experimentation and product analytics for our full stack engineers and Product managers.
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market.
- Help establish roadmaps and architecture based on Yelp’s needs.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Collaborate closely with product and design for solutions tailored to the needs of our users
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within Germany
- You’re not afraid to touch or learn backend stacks and technologies like Python, NodeJS, GraphQL and REST-based APIs
- Intuition for usability and UI design, with an ability to balance polish with the constraints of timing and scope.
- Competency in evaluating open source and in-house software solutions, figuring out their trade-offs, and deciding on the right tool for the job.
- Comfortable with modern tooling such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Enzyme.
- Comfortable working with large existing code bases within Linux and macOS environments..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to own projects from scoping to implementation.
- Being able to adapt to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Comfortable working closely with our design team and a component based front-end architecture
- Experience making incremental changes to large code bases.
- Several years of relevant industry experience.
What We Offer:
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice