Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to fund and launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, and stealth ventures in payment integrity, elder care, and complex care. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
We are launching a stealth venture in the mental health space, with the mission to provide access to affordable and high quality mental health services for all patients.
As one of the first members of our engineering team, you will join a world-class group of operators, strategists, and business leaders bringing together a responsive web patient experience and an efficient, easy to use tooling platform for mental health professionals. If you are interested in health care, love moving from zero-to-one, and want to help set the engineering direction for the team to come, we’re excited to talk to you.
As the ideal candidate loves front-end development, you are strong with modern JS frameworks, and have the ability to make long-term architectural decisions and identify refactoring needs within that space.
You will report to and work with the Interim Head of Product remotely, as you will be one of the first team members of our team.
What you'll do:
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging modern web tools and techniques enhancing our platform capabilities by making key technical decisions, improving and adapting our development process, and making overall architecture recommendations to support a rapidly increasing org.
- Implement established software development best practices by developing, refining, iterating, integrating, testing, staging, and deploying maintainable technical solutions.
- Use technical analytical skills, from load balancing API endpoints to application and web performance, and judgment to solve problems and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Communicate engineering risks and challenges to non-technical team members to ensure we are coming up with the right solutions.
- Ensure all code is version controlled according to industry standards and best practices.
- Remain current on knowledge and skills necessary for software development, including programming tools, development techniques, and related technologies.
- Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, follow adopted methodologies and lead to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
What you'll need:
- 3-8 years of software engineering experience focused on frontend development and responsive applications in React/Redux or other Modern JS Libraries/Frameworks
- 2+ years with Mixpanel, Amplitude, or similar customer experience tooling
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Technical Skills
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies (AWS), Relational Database (Postgres, MySQL) and DevOps services (AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD) to build your products
- Experience with automated testing and quality assurance, with an eye to API performance (Flood.io, Artillery, Datadog)
- Demonstrable experience designing and building and deploying RESTful APIs for consumption (Node.js or Java); code samples and/or active GitHub repositories available for review
- Understanding of security in a highly regulated environment (healthcare, finance) with attention to SOC2 compliance
- Behavioral Skills
- Action Oriented - Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning; taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Manages Ambiguity - Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Manages Complexity - Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. Making sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.