Apply for this job
About the Role
OtterTune is looking for a front-end engineer to help build our Software as a Service offering. Our auto-tuning system has a dashboard and monitoring platform where users can inspect the changes OtterTune has made to the database's configuration and visualize the improvements in performance over time. Engineers in this role will be contributing to this dashboard, adding features and fixing bugs as we prepare to launch.
Who We Are
OtterTune is building a bleeding-edge auto-tuning system for modern databases. OtterTune observes a customer’s database while it runs and learns the optimal configuration for their database's runtime parameters, improving database performance. The parameters suggested by OtterTune often beat those selected by professional database administrators.
You Might Be a Fit for the Role If…
- You are excited to work on a small, independent team of developers.
- You value clean, secure code and robust user experiences.
- You can actualize a set of mockups into a functioning website.
- You have experience with React, EmberJS, or another client side single-page app framework.
- You have work relevant experience, or a publicly visible portfolio.
- You have a passion for software correctness, and have used a framework like Jest, Jasmine, or MochaJS.
- You have a thorough understanding of asynchronous, RESTful client-server communication.
Bonus Points If…
- You have design experience, working on any of the following: persona writing, requirement writing, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, or user testing.
- You have "full stack" experience, having worked with a model-view-controller style backend, like Django, Ruby on Rails, or similar.
- You have knowledge of database internals.
- You have knowledge of modern machine learning algorithms.
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, we'd like to hear from you.
Humans never stop learning. Everyone learns on the job, no matter what job it is. OtterTune employees are encouraged to take time to level up their skills.
Building an Inclusive Workplace
OtterTune is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. This means developing a team where employees are welcome regardless of their race, gender, age, religion, and physical or mental ability. We strive to create a culture where all employees are comfortable being themselves and bringing all of their talents to the table.