Our Mobile Apps team is responsible for building and maintaining mobile applications at InterNations, a platform with more than 3 million users globally. We use React Native to build for iOS and Android simultaneously.
As a part of the greater engineering organization, you will lead and take part in cross-team initiatives: architectural changes, refactoring, and the establishment of best practices. You will be mentoring less experienced colleagues and support their growth, familiarity with app development, and software engineering best practices.
What we are looking for:
- experience building applications using React Native or React
- experience with automated testing, be it unit-, functional- and/or acceptance testing
- a passion for software engineering best practices in a SCRUM/agile environment
- interest in developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining native iOS and Android applications
What we value:
- user testing, experimentation, automated testing and continuous integration to gain meaningful feedback for what we do
- bettering our skills, teaching each other and learning ways to build better software
- sharing knowledge and experience within the organization and in the community
Technologies we use: React Native, iOS/Android, Flow, Redux, Redux-Saga, Jest
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- conveniently located office
- regular team events and trips
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- training sessions, team library, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- support with visa application
- in-house yoga and German classes, discounts for gyms and a tae kwon do studio
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.
Then start the conversation by sending in your application today. Don’t forget to include your CV, a cover letter, a possible start date and your salary expectation. Tell us about past projects you contributed to and are proud of. We also like to hear about what kind of work environment you thrive in and what technologies you find interesting right now.
More information about our apps:
If you would like to see more information about how we build with React Native at InterNations, you can watch this presentation.