As a Staff Front-end Engineer working for App Annie, you will be a key contributor toward product innovation. You will be part of a dedicated team being hired to build the foundation of our core product offering.
What will you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie’s San Francisco office, where I focus on improving our core product user experience and supporting the work of our global development teams. I build and maintain our core framework used by our engineering teams. Doing this I have a global impact on our end user experience by empowering other developers to build a premium product supporting our company’s brand.”
How will you do this?
- Collaborate with Product owners and UI/UX designers to build beautiful and functional user interfaces
- Use, improve and extend App Annie’s existing React-based UI component library
- Collaborate closely with our engineering team globally to define their core needs and support their new projects
- Help define our technical vision and roadmap
- Maintain dev tooling and scale our systems (services, deployment, CI process)
- Mentor colleagues through knowledge sharing and code review
- Focus on the smaller details impacting our client’s perception of App Annie; such as performance, UI consistency, reliability and stability
- Bring your creativity and critical mind to the office and help us identify opportunities to improve our product and our user experience
Who are you?
- Someone with a proficient understanding of software architecture patterns and ideally with previous work experience on core teams within a medium or large company
- Understanding of core data concepts and data visualization
- Experienced in improving and fixing a wide variety of web performance issues
What should you bring to the party?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years in software development with a focus on developing rich web applications
- Experience delivering high-quality code without relying on someone else to find bugs in it
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more)
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, and stock options
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Gym membership subsidy
During the Covid-19 Pandemic we’ve adapted how we support our employees in a number of ways:
- Donut Dates - connecting you with someone else in your region once every 2 weeks so you can get to know each other
- WFH Equipment Allowance - To ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Productivity Allowance - To keep your home office running
- Wellness Sessions - To keep everyone happy and healthy
- Virtual Happy Hours and Trivia to keep you connected with your colleagues
- Generous PTO that we encourage you to use for your wellbeing to go offline, recharge, and reflect
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Who are we?
App Annie is the largest app intelligence platform, delivering powerful market data and insights to succeed in the app economy. Over 500,000 mobile app professionals rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their app business and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 300+ employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has raised $157 million in funding from investors such as e.Ventures, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Learn more at https://www.appannie.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.