Chatbooks invented the world’s first subscription-based photo book service, which makes creating photo books automatic. By focusing on four core values—beyond easy, super affordable, great quality, and amazing service—Chatbooks has become a beloved brand of millennial moms. We’ve raised more than $20MM to date. What that means for you: we’re growing quickly and opportunities abound!
About the Team
We have a high-performing ALL-STAR culture and team and are headquartered in Lehi, UT. We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, equity program, health benefits, untracked PTO, and lots of flexibility.
The “Big Why” driving the company’s mission is to help strengthen families so Chatbooks co-founders Nate and Vanessa Quigley have deliberately created a company culture that’s supportive of employees’ whole lives. Their goal is that everyone on the team can put this mission into practice in their own lives, whether that’s flexibility to go to a child’s dance recital, hit up the gym during lunch, or go off-grid for a week to recharge.
Chatbooks strives to be an employer-of-choice for women and parents by offering flexible working options and strongly supporting women in leadership roles. Women currently make up 60% of the company’s leadership positions.
At Chatbooks, we have put incredible focus into building a team of high-performing “All-Stars.” All-Stars have 5 characteristics: Grown-Up (you manage yourself and your time & handle disagreements without drama), Ship (you get things out the door efficiently, and manage shifting priorities), Amazing (your work is simply AMAZING!), Optimistic (you share solutions instead of problems), and Kind (you’re consistently kind to teammates and partners). If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
Job Description and Scope
- Own our front-end website, contribute to our main app and create dynamic content using React and Angular
- Work closely with product and design to create a seamless and effective user-experience that minimizes friction and increases conversion
- Work closely with customer experience teams to create user friendly design to create a wow experience for the users
- Architect cross platform integrations integration with partners, such as Instagram, eliminating friction points of app downloads and authentication
- Team mentorship
- Report to CTO
- Broad knowledge of various front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- 10+ years of web development experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, mentorship, and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of HTML & CSS best practices
- Ability to use Git and work collaboratively with other developers
- Moving from Angular to React
- Customer experience and apps - Web, iOS, Android
- Partnership integrations: Instagram
Work Environment and Benefits
- Offices in Provo and Lehi.
- Full remote flexibility
- Health, Dental, Vision covered 100% for employee and all dependents
- Life and AD+D insurance only for employees
- 401k plan, no match (yet)
- Unlimited PTO, required one week off per quarter
We welcome all applicants. No matter your background Chatbooks is excited about the possibility to work with you. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, gender, gender identity, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marital status, or protected veteran status.