Browze is hiring
! But wait, who even are we?
We're a cross-border marketplace that curates unique products directly from factories overseas. In other words, we bring you the products you want at fair prices, with minimal shipping costs, because we're sending them direct from the factory. No markups, no middlemen. Just us.
We're hiring because we've been expanding like crazy -- consistently 2x year over year, to be exact. And because of that, we're building out our team to launch Browze into the next level of growth, so we can keep reshaping and improving the cross-border shopping experience.
So what are you waiting for? Send in an application and tell us about yourself. We'd love to meet you!
POSITION: Frontend Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
DIRECT REPORTS: Not a people management role
Ideally close to Toronto but REMOTE
OK (current engineering team is distributed across Canada)
About the Role
We're looking for a Software Engineer with React
expertise to work with a senior team on a modern codebase serving millions of users worldwide. This Software Engineer will be working directly with our CTO, Director of Engineering as well as other senior developers & designers to help design and develop a modern marketplace shopping experience.
As we develop the next generation of ecommerce marketplaces, you'll play a large role in defining our headless microservice approach (React frontend, Django backend, GraphQL APIs) that will power the frontend of our seller portals, consumer browsing and checkout experiences, and developing growth tests to deliver the best possible experiences we can for our customers, sellers and partners. A successful candidate will be motivated to work from DDD to implementation, documentation, tooling and test automation.
What you'll do
- Architecture & Feature Development: Domain Modelling and documenting our forward looking architecture while actively developing features within React
- CI/CD Tooling: Continuously improve our tooling in continuous integration, deployment, dev machine setup, to ensure high productivity amongst the development team
- Test Automation: From browser automation tools like Cypress to JS unit testing and API test automation, you value the importance of test automation as a part of high quality software
- Mentorship & Knowledge Share: Our engineering team values centre around learning and being at our strongest professional selves. You enjoy distilling information and teaching developers around you - whether through documentation, workshops or lunch & learns.
- 5+ Years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ Years of experience on complex React based applications
- Understanding of design patterns and modern React paradigms (hooks for example)
- Demonstrated experience or understanding in defining & building out microservices and event driven architectures
- Experience designing APIs (preferably some understanding of GraphQL)
- Some experience with cross-platform mobile platforms like React Native or Cordova would be beneficial
Why do you want to be a part of Browze
- We are a collective of people so collaboration is key to our process.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a changemakers.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers - with value, respect, and empathy.
- We have competitive compensation - you work hard and we make it worth your while.
- We want you to feel like an owner, so we offer equity in the company.
- Unlimited supply of snacks to keep you going if you choose to be in-office otherwise the possibility of a flexible remote environment is also possible for this role.
- Great downtown location at York/Adelaide, PATH connected.
- An inclusive work environment where you can thrive and do your best work.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Browze is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.