We are a team of Engineers building SaaS software used by over 350 of the world's leading brands
. We exist to help our customers deliver more powerful experiences using our API-first, headless content management platform. We are very serious about reliability and customers trust us to manage and deliver content at tremendous scale:
- Billions of API requests every day
- >400 million items of content
- >4 Exabytes of critical data a year
We have a multi-talented Engineering team organized into cross-functional squads located in Middlesbrough and Manchester. We also have locations in London and New York for Sales, Marketing and Finance.
As well as working hard we also have a fun and informal company culture. We have a games room, we host hackathons and board game nights. Oh and we take our caffeine consumption really seriously.
Frontend technologies at Amplience run the full gamut. From traditional SPAs to micro-frontends to Static Site Generation and Server Side Rendering. We choose the right technology for the job and we have a lot of interesting problems to solve. You could be working on a Jamstack site one week, building an extension in Svelte the next and later work on a library using pure TypeScript. Most of our work is full stack, often involving many technologies and need us to think creatively.
We prefer component driven, intelligently state managed applications. They are built with TypeScript, a minimal framework plus test automation. We follow a process that includes collaborative code review, QA testing and CI/CD deployment to AWS.
Here's what you'll do when you join
- Write clean, high quality, well tested code.
- Produce high performance User Interfaces that put User Experience first.
- Work with the product owner, UX team and others to design and plan logical and consistent features.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve difficult problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
What we're looking for
For a Junior we don't expect many years of experience but we will be looking for someone that has already proven themselves as a developer. We're also looking for someone who has a passion for front end development, someone who is excited to learn and someone who will be a great team player.
We would particularly love you to apply if:
- You have built projects using TypeScript.
- You have built web apps using frameworks like Svelte, Vue, React or similar.
- You contribute to open source software.
- You are familiar with modern build pipelines (webpack / rollup / parcel).
- You are principled about technology and have opinions about programming languages and tools.
- You believe automated testing is important and that code should be well tested.
- You have a keen eye for detail.
- You are eager to learn.
- You are located in / near Middlesbrough or Manchester.
What's in it for you?
So what's in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody's individual needs.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave