Astronomer is a rapidly growing startup with the mission to build the next generation of data orchestration. We run the world’s most successful Apache Airflow as-a-service offering (Astronomer Cloud), and offer enterprises licensing to run our PaaS on their Kubernetes clusters (Astronomer Enterprise).
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented mid- to senior-level Frontend Engineer to join our Commercial Platform team for building innovative, intuitive, scalable, and reliable web applications.
- Developing high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code whether implementing features or fixing bugs.
- Prototyping new features and ideas rapidly
- Collaborating with designers and other UI engineers during both design and development phases to ensure alignment to UI architectural standards and user experience patterns.
- Delivering quality solutions for complex problems through test-driven development and automated testing.
- Deep understanding of React.js, its core principles, and workflows
- Solid understanding on modular design and single responsibility principle
- Strong experience with testing frameworks (eg: Jest) (Nice to have for mid-level engineer)
- Some understanding of RESTful APIs and GraphQL (Nice to have for mid-level engineer)
- Strong interpersonal skills to articulate ideas and strategies
- Ability to adjust pace of development
- Ability to see the big picture and keep an eye on long-term goals, while taking care of short-term needs
- Having design intuition and user empathy
- Great at peering up with other engineers to enable and grow each other
- Working in an Agile development environment