*This role is fully remote*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is looking for a Mobile Software Engineer (React-Native) to join our cross functional team and put their talents to work towards increasing access to high-quality mental healthcare. The ideal candidate will have developed multiple mobile applications with React Native and published them to Google Play and the App Store. This is a great opportunity for curious, passionate, and creative problem-solvers seeking to learn and contribute in a high-growth environment. This role is fully remote.
- Work as part of a team to build React Native iOS and Android applications
- Integrate third-party API’s
- Write unit and integration tests
- Architect, build, and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code
- Work with Native modules when required
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience
- Assist with building estimates
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Create UI Screen and Modules in both IOS and Android and integrate with React Native application
- Deployment on React Native application to both App Store and Google Play
- Create software code, unit tests and assist with encoding, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Improve product quality through code reviews, writing effective unit tests, and collaborating with QA to implement automation testing where appropriate
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with a degree in software engineering, or 5 years or professional software development experience without a degree.
- 2+ years of experience building code for React Native to be released from Google Play and the App store.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them
- Use of Native Modules and Native UI components from both IOS and Android
- Great communication skills
- Strong object-oriented design, programming and debugging skills
- Passionate about mobile development and writing correct, and efficient code
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values
- Some Objective-C, Swift, and/or Java experience preferred.
- Strong experience working with ReactJS on web applications
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSql Databases
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails
- Experience using external APIs