Ento is a Melbourne based SaaS start-up building a workforce success platform that enables enterprises to automate, engage, optimise and succeed with their large shift-based workforces.
The industry we exist in is inherently complex but the market demands simplicity. Our product team thrives on this challenge by balancing flexibility and power with speed and beauty.
You’ll be an experienced developer and commercially minded who is passionate about delivering product that improves the lives of your customers.
Solving complex problems with elegant solutions is your bread and butter. You take pride in knowing that your solutions are scalable and will support future growth.
With an entrepreneurial mindset, you’ll love working on modern technology and being part of a smart, capable and high-performing team.
What you'll do
- Write and maintain React components for our SPA React Apps; Staff, Onboarding & Roster Builder to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures including helping to build and maintain our internal digital style-guide, “Ento UI”
- Contribute to exploratory testing and debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults following established protocols and guidelines to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Help research, analyse and evaluate new functionality on Ento’s existing product offering
- Assist with identification of technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems, processes, procedures and methods
- Contribute to the development of proposals and strategies for software design via advice, guidance and expertise including evaluation and costings for software purchases and upgrades where appropriate
- Relevant Bachelor Degree with at least two years of experience, and/or at least 5 years of relevant working experience
- High attention to detail and take great pride in clean, optimised code
- Demonstrated experience with JS frameworks like Vue, Angular, Ember or React - ideally in a product environment however we’re open to different backgrounds
- Experience with responsive web development and performance optimisation
- Proven experience with version control
- A demonstrable appreciation of the customer - our work is more than just code and you’ll need to understand the commercial implications of what you build
- Experience with modern development practices including code reviews and the sprint process. Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment are a plus
- Good interpersonal skills - able to communicate clearly in all forms. We aim for transparency and we respect open and honest communication
- Self-aware - ability to be honest and candid about when you need support. We know products are complicated - everyone’s here to help!
- While not essential, it’d be awesome if you have experience with either mobile app development, functional programming, writing unit tests, or API driven development
What's on offer
- You’ll be utilising modern technology and working with an agile team to deliver software that is used by thousands of people every day
- Interesting work! You’ll be part of a team delivering modern, scalable, performant, high value, and business critical software
- Awesome culture, a great team and professional development opportunities - including an individual, dedicated budget for courses, conferences and learning to support your growth
- We pull off the impossible and you’ll love working with us!