Skylo is building the world’s first truly ubiquitous machine data connectivity network at disruptively low cost. Our network serves unconnected machines, sensors and IoT devices on farms, roadways, borders, mountains, and oceans. We’re a team that’s mission-oriented and focused on operating a highly efficient, reliable, end-to-end machine and sensor data mobility service on a global basis.
Skylo is delivering, with early deployments across fishing vessels, trains, trucks, tractors, and more from the Himalayas to the Indian Ocean. We’ve recently raised $116M and have offices in Palo Alto, CA, USA, Bangalore, India, Tel Aviv, Israel, and Espoo, Finland.
- Architect and develop scalable front end code for Skylo Cloud and Mobile applications
- Implement security and data protection protocols and procedures
- Implement and maintain features such as Chat interfaces , Widgets and Data visualizations
- The ability to implement back-end logic from time to time (e.g., occasionally be a full-stack engineer) is a plus
- Responsibility for several large-scale ReactJS web and Mobile applications
- Provide debug and troubleshooting support and scale the design for performance optimization
- Contribute to the culture of product innovation and excellence with execution focused, customer centric and highly collaborative
- Work with network, hardware, and platform engineering teams to quickly iterate on product cycles.
- Work with product management to implement customer requirements and contribute to refine the features.
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Other Engineering related field
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling)
- Experience working in an agile environment delivering software to production working with UI and server development teams
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to design and prototype elegant UI solutions to user problems
- Experience with any Map frameworks Ex: MapboxGL JS or Google Maps
- Experience with building reusable components for better scalability
- Familiarity with state management tools like redux and mobx
- Expert in reactive programming using Java. Experience with Groovy or Kotlin is a bonus.
- Knowledge of mobile application development (ex. iOS & Android) and other languages(ex. Flutter, Java, Swift, Go…) is a plus.