Front End Engineer
The Allen Institute for AI
Front-End Software Engineer
A.I. is changing everything and we’re building the next wave of disruptive A.I. first startups. Join us!
The AI2 Incubator is an initiative of the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 175+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff. Our Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
Our incubator is also backed by some of the best investors and executives in the world including Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, and Two Sigma Ventures—along with Jeff Dean (Google Senior Fellow), Jeff Wilke (CEO Amazon Worldwide Consumer), Adam Selipsky (CEO Tableau Software), Sujal Patel (Founder of Isilon), Carol Reiley (co-founder of Drive.ai), Laura Butler (Microsoft Technical Fellow), Leigh McMillan (CEO of Whitepages), Charlie Bell (SVP of Amazon Web Services), Chris Ré (Stanford Professor & Founder of Lattice), and more.
At this time, we are seeking a full-stack, but more front-end skilled engineer to help us develop our cutting-edge AI-first products. As a key member of the Incubator team, you will operate as a front-end engineer and have the opportunity to work on a broad array of AI-first products being developed within the incubator from Day 1 to MVP. Technically, our stacks vary between products, but typically are focused on React, Typescript, Python and Node. However, we believe in using the best tool for the problem and are experimenting with new technologies or methods every day. Your creativity and diversity of thought is welcome and expected!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with entrepreneurs, product designers and our resident AI experts to rapidly prototype early stage proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment to implement product demos and MVPs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with entrepreneurs, designers, product, and investment experts to review and improve product experiences.
- Draw inspiration from early customer feedback to identify and implement new opportunities and product features.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability and interoperability.
- Help build us build reusable rapid prototyping and deployment tools to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- Enjoy being a generalist — working on both the frontend, backend, and everything in between to tackle problems
To be successful in this role, it would be great if you have:
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Engineer, preferably as a Front End Engineer
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks in order to make recommendations or changes as needed
- Experience with web technologies like React, GraphQL, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Styled-components/CSS, Typescript, etc
- Familiarity with databases, web servers and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Able to manage multiple work streams at the same time
- Great attention to detail
- Experience working at a fast-growing startup
- Experience with mobile application development is a plus
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spin-outs, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Please complete the form below with your contact information and we’ll hope to talk with you soon!