Freelance Front-end Engineer
Freelance Front-end Engineer - Thinx Inc.
This is an open position for a front-end engineer to join our team. Our wider team is currently composed of 4 other front-end engineers + Associate Director of Engineering, a 6 person UX and Digital Design squad, and a 2 person Data/Analytics team–all reporting up to our VP of Engineering & Digital Product. As a member of our team, you’ll build UI in React, launch products, and support the marketing efforts. Some interest in UX/UI, digital product optimization, DTC, digital marketing, and eCommerce is important for finding success in this role.
- Work with Engineers to build our next generation website with Next.js, React, and GraphQL.
- Build solutions that are reliable, maintainable, and easy to use.
- Keep the project moving forward by completing tasks on time.
- Ensure code quality, testing coverage, documentation of site so that it is maintainable, cross-browser compatible, accessible, and highly performant.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams, especially design, to ensure all project requirements are met.
- No college degree is necessary and we do hire autodidacts and bootcamp grads. However, at least 4 years of real-world experience is necessary to be considered for this role.
- You are passionate and care about code quality and understand the importance of proper documentation.
- UX/UI chops - you know what good design and interaction looks and feels like and can call out inconsistencies, problems with responsive layouts when looking at a mobile and desktop design, etc.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and ability to write highly accessible UI
- Next.js, Apollo, Vercel, and Auth0 (or other Identity Management Platform) experience is a plus
- Experience with eCommerce in general is very helpful -ie: Product Feed transformations,, Google Analytics/Heap, A/B Testing platforms such as Optimizely/Dynamic Yield/Google Optimize/VWO (we use DY), Facebook Pixel and other ad-tech implementations, Customer Data Platforms (we use Simon Data), Sendgrid or other ESP, implementing Analytics software, and Technical SEO best practices.
- Shopify knowledge moves you to the front of the line. Especially advanced Shopify implementations and parts of the platform such as:
- Storefront API
- Script Editor
- Shopify Flow
- Using tags to power personalized Front-end experiences
- Using React with Liquid
- Any familiarity with JAMstack / headless commerce could come in handy as we scope a potential 2021 migration.
The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to empower every body through innovative solutions and social change. From first periods to postmenopause, Thinx Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions to menstruation and bladder leaks, and confronts the taboos that surround them.