At Coalition, we bring together cyber tools, data, and deep security expertise to help customers solve cyber risk. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and that number is growing fast.
We are a human centric organization that is building for the long-term. We celebrate diversity and work hard to build a culture that is inclusive for all. Our culture is built around humility, purpose, authenticity, and responsibility. We have embraced distributed and remote
work and our engineering teams are clustered in California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, and Virginia,
Our core platform is written mostly in Python and Go and runs in Amazon Web Services. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for an experienced leader that has managed software engineering successfully at scale.
About The Role
You’ll be responsible for helping drive amazing user experiences for internal and external customers by maintaining and contributing to web applications, components, packaging configurations, architecture decision records, collaborating with design/product/engineering/business stakeholders, and otherwise pulling together all the threads that help us deliver and operate quality user experiences across the web and on mobile. You may be a good fit if you have developer.mozilla.org bookmarked and you rarely load a page without dev tools open and often keep caching disabled.
In addition to contributing to our user experiences, you’ll also help shape how we build them, operate them, and work together as teams through your contributions both to our cultural and technical ideals and mentorship of engineers at all levels.
- Help define and teach excellence standards for building and operating frontend web applications
- Build out high quality user experiences within software applications and components
- Work with cross functional stakeholders including product, design, sales, and others to help break down business requirements into actionable plans.
- Collaborate with SRE to develop and deliver applications in a repeatable, stable, and joyful software development lifecycle
- Develop test cases and uphold standards of engineering excellence
- Drive and/or collaborate on Architectural Decision Records
- Mentor all levels of engineers
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen, and important items that come up along the way.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- It’s not the years, it’s the miles but we’d expect you’d like have at least 12 years of hands-on software development experience building SPAs, components, and interactive experiences
- Experience building React-based applications using TypeScript
- Analyzing software errors with tools like Sentry, DataDog, Jaeger/Zipkin, GreyLog, or App Dynamics
- Use of source control (git, svn, perforce)
- Proficiency managing agile software development practices at scale
- Working with an agile team using collaborative development tools (Atlassian Suite, GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience with multiple transport formats (JSON/REST, graphQL, Protobufs/gRPC)
- Monorepo development experience
- Prior fintech or insuretech experience
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including San Francisco, Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.