Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome (bacteria, fungi, and other microbes), transcriptome (sum of RNA molecules) and metabolome (set of chemicals) data – to provide personalized recommendations for healthy living. We are a small, fast-growing, interdisciplinary team of passionate experts in software engineering, biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
We are seeking a driven, detail oriented Senior Frontend Engineer to build a highly performant and flexible user friendly web and mobile app that will help change our user’s lives. We care deeply about creating something that feels right in every detail, and we’re looking for engineers with either a proven design aesthetic or a passion for front-end components to help us go faster.
This a full-time onsite position at Viome’s office in Bellevue, WA.
- Design and create scalable, accessible, and compatible experiences for Viome’s web and mobile app leveraging React and React Native
- Work cross-functionally with product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Test code to identify functional and performance issues
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Provide leadership with technical solutions, feedback, and product recommendations
- Work collaboratively to generate product improvements through design review, code review, and discussion
- 3+ years of full-cycle React and React Native experience from deployment to production and utilization by a large audience
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Sharp aesthetic instinct in both visual and interaction design
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
Nice-to-have but not required:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience building native apps for iOS (Objective C, Swift) or Android (Java, Kotlin)
- Experience with Redux.
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps (PWAs)
- Experience with international text issues such as right to left layout and Unicode
- Experience in software localization/internationalization
- Japanese writing & speaking skills
Viome's Benefits Include ...
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- LTD & STD
- Waiting time may apply to benefits
Viome is a 120+ person start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in Washington, California, New York and New Mexico, we are looking to hire
team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy collaboration. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.
Viome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.