Apply for this job
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 200+ employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior React Native Developer, who is passionate about the vision and idea of our product. We take inspiration from Spotify for building our engineering culture and implementing best practices.
Our mobile development is highly inspired by Facebook’s modern stack and approaches:
• React / React Native;
• GraphQL API only;
• Cross-Platform ideas to share code & skills between platforms (WEB, iOS & Android).
As a Senior React Native Developer, you will:
- Independently implement flow/logic (not UI) for new features with full ownership.
- Take ownership of key areas of the application as part of the mobile team.
- Support and improve current app architecture.
What we're after:
- Mac OS only development environment
- Have iOS/Android apps in production, preferably more than one
- At least 5+ years Front-End experience (preferably React)
- At least 2+ years React Native experience
- Basic knowledge of ES6+, Node.js, React and React Native ecosystem
- Strong skills in understanding mobile development (building, debugging, testing, releasing)
- GraphQL experience is very desirable
- TypeScript, Redux, Jest, Git
- Exceptional communication skills
- High level of self-organization, ownership, responsibility
- Min. B2 English level (company gives 200$/month for studying English on Preply.com)
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory;
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated;
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture;
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Diversity is important for us
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.