Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers and event organisers, with 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In six short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
The Festicket Family is a truly international team with people from over 20 different countries, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with further offices in Leeds, Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes and San Francisco.
We are looking for a front end developer who possesses a keen eye for detail and a passion for collaboration and getting features into production. Someone who wants to learn whilst delivering quality.
You would be working as a frontend developer within one of our product focussed teams, working closely with other frontend developers, backend developers, QA engineers and the team’s product manager to deliver changes and new functionality. You would be involved in planning new work and helping the product manager decide what the team should be working on to achieve the team’s goals.
You would also be working on frontend technical tasks to improve our frontend architecture, improve the performance and usability of the site, make use of new technologies, reduce complexity, write and maintain our internal tooling and make development easier.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
Our teams are collaborative, product focussed, cross-functional organisations that are empowered to define their own work and organise themselves. We work incrementally and dedicate time to refactoring, updating our stack and libraries or experimenting with new technologies. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintainable applications using whichever tools are right for the job. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable multiple production releases per day, so that we’re always making progress.
- 2+ years experience in a commercial web development environment
- Experience with React or similar frontend frameworks
- Some experience of the Open Source Community or a desire to get involved with it.
- Familiar with CSS including preprocessing (SASS, LESS or Stylus) and/or CSS in JS solutions
- Familiar with modern web development workflows (Babel, Flow, Webpack)
- A passion for learning and personal development.
- Have a computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience.
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Flexible working from home
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday