We are a well-funded, hyper-growth, scale-up looking for an experienced Front-End Developer. If you’ve ever dreamed of working with a top tier technology company scale-up, on leading edge technologies, backed by the very best venture capitalists in the world, then this is your chance.
Some details about MobSquad:
- MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by enabling our clients to quickly have a turnkey "virtual" Canadian subsidiary, where Canadian-based technology professionals work with our clients individually on an exclusive basis
- We’ve been featured on the front page of The Washington Post, on NPR multiple times, The Financial Times (UK), The Globe and Mail, the Calgary Herald, BetaKit, CBC, Global News, and many other places. other media outlets
- We’re a Certified B Corporation, were recognized as the third Best Place to Work in Canada in 2020, and have made numerous contributions to charitable organizations as well as a financial commitment to the Upside Foundation. We believe we are playing a key role in enhancing Canada’s innovation economy, and have received financial support from the Government of Canada, Province of Alberta, Province of Nova Scotia, and City of Calgary, to support this ambition
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be a Front-End Developer with Full-Stack capabilities in Canada working with one of our high growth, exciting US-based scale-ups. You will be helping to elevate the ad experience with advanced consumer insights and brilliant creative formats on a premium marketplace. Your team will operate alongside many other talented developers and data scientists in Canada, and you will be an integral part of the tech community that MobSquad has built.
This role requires someone who has demonstrated an ability to develop code into user-friendly software. The ideal candidate is able to work across the full development lifecycle: from concept to design; from test to release; from support to maintenance. The candidate has experience gathering requirements from a broader team and translating team input into a fully-functioning application. They are strong at working with a team of developers to create and maintain high-quality software.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
- You have over five years of general experience in software development across multiple languages and frameworks
- You have experience with tools including Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack
- You have experience working with React, Angular, web components, and functional interfaces
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI design principles, patterns, and best practices building front-end experiences and prototypes
- You have experience with back-end development including the use of Python, Node.js, Django, or Flask
- You have experience working with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases
- You have experience with test-driven development and test frameworks, including Karma or Mocha
- You have a working knowledge of Software Design principles and various architectural patterns
- You have demonstrated the ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices (i.e., code review, unit tests, revision control)
- You have a work history reflective of a self-motivated professional who excels when given open-ended problems and broadly defined goals, having an innate desire to leverage their skills in a way that provides business value
- You are a self-starter, a quick learner, and are adept at turning high-level guidance into action-oriented plans
- You are detail-oriented, and have fantastic organizational skills
- You are incredibly hard-working and are excited to work with and learn from our strong team. You are not afraid to be pushed and know you can keep up
WHAT YOU'LL GET @MOBSQUAD
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (e.g., medical, dental, vision), wellness (e.g., gym, workout gear, massage, transit), and RRSP (retirement savings)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily-accessible transit
- For international candidates, sponsorship for an immediate work permit, expedited permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship within four years
At MobSquad, we support and encourage building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for all. We invite and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.