Course Hero is scaling. We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join as a technical leader who provides mentorship for team members, drives key projects, and participates in the continuous improvement of software systems. You will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to our business needs.
The Educator and Student Experience team own the entire user experience after account creation (search and discovery, Q&A, study tools, document management, and more). Along with leading the effort to build out a vast majority of our front-end applications, this role would also include building out a React UI component framework that can be used by the entire engineering organization.
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for new user-facing features
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to improve the Course Hero platform
- Design and implement technical system changes—this is hands-on work where you’ll be coding and mentoring our hardworking developers
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices
- Identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Design sophisticated systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Mentor other engineers
Are you our Staff Software Engineer?
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 8+ years in designing and building dynamic production solutions
- Familiarity with responsive design and implementation, as well as cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to formulate and articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution
- Deep sense of product ownership
- 1+ years of experience using React.JS and Redux
- Mobile application development
- Experience working in Startups
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page