Apply for this job
Knock is on a mission to revolutionize how people buy and sell homes. With a Knock Home Swap™, homeowners get the certainty and convenience of being able to buy and move into their new home before prepping and selling their old one while saving money compared to selling the traditional way. Working with a local Knock Certified Agent of their choice, consumers skip the hassles of living through repairs and showings, pay only one mortgage at a time and have home prep covered upfront so their old home sells on the market for the highest possible price.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity, from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The company is headquartered in New York and San Francisco and operates in Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Dallas, Fort Worth and Phoenix with more cities on the way.
We are seeking a Senior Mobile Engineer to help Knock build the innovative Android & IOS mobile applications that support our customers, our large (and growing!) network of agents, and our internal teams. We are looking for someone who is customer-first and passionate about creating great products to help millions of people buy or sell a home without risk, stress, and uncertainty.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer you will:
- Build and maintain innovative new experiences in Knock’s mobile portfolio, including our customer-facing, agent-facing, and internally-facing apps.
- Design and contribute to the high-performance backend services that drive the mobile apps.
- Collaborate with our talented Design, Product, and Engineering teams as well as other parts of the Knock business to deliver great products.
- Commit to best practices for testing, logging, and deployments.
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and human-centered UX.
Experience & skills:
- Experience programming in React.
- Full lifecycle software development experience in React Native and native mobile development environments, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong expertise in mobile development including React Native, Android/Kotlin, and iOS/Swift.
- A strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success, and are comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- A strong customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to your work.
- Mobile CI/CD integrations (we use Fastlane and CircleCI) and management of the app deployment pipelines (Apple’s App Store, Google’s Play Store, enterprise deployments, etc).
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo Client.
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
What We can Offer You:
- Equitable compensation offered based on your accomplishments, experience, and what market data shows in your geographic region.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, paid parental leave, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the continental United States.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home, full-time career at Knock.
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 21 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.