We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Sonatype is committed to an inclusion for all workplace, we encourage all to apply. Learn more at www.sonatype.com
We are a remote and talented product development group and we work in small collaborative teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having an impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, like working in a team, can define and run experiments to learn what works, and like metrics to make decisions. You will work in an agile team and participate in all stages of product development, from concept to release, and subsequent iterations to react to learnings and refinements. You will contribute to the evolution of our applications and internal tooling, enabling better experiences for our customers and your teammates.
Required Skills & Experiences
- A passion for delightful user experiences.
- A deep sense of quality and attention to detail.
- Strong software engineering foundation and experience.
- Ability to quickly iterate with product direction, apply metrics around user engagement for experimentation, and working closely with design and product management to broaden product adoption and deepen product use. Have a strong bias for making things happen and love the team aspect of product development.
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g. HipChat, Slack, video conferencing, wikis, Github, etc).
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada
Desired Skills & Experiences
- Experience with React JS.
- Experience with build automation tools and state management libraries.
- Ability to work across the stack as needed (REST APIs, back-end services, databases).
- Java development experience; Java drives the backend of our applications.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working in a remote environment.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.