Do you want to be a part of an organization that:
- gives back to the community
- has leadership that inspires, coaches and mentors
- allows you to speak up and be heard
- AND ... likes to have FUN?
What about tech? Cutting edge solutions? Big Data and AI? Pelmorex has all of that covered!
Founded in 1989, Pelmorex has become an international weather information and data management company. We own and operate the popular weather brands: The Weather Network, MeteoMedia, Eltiempo.es
, Clima and Otempo.pt
. We also operate the National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination (NAAD) System, which is the technical backbone of Alert Ready, Canada's Emergency Alerting System.
Why we need you:
As a React
Full Stack Developer, you are an important member of a creative, exciting, and fast-paced agile team that works closely with other software developers, developers in test, designers, and product managers to drive growth and engagement on two of Canada’s most popular, high scale web sites: TheWeatherNetwork.com
. You’re someone who has strong experience in React & Redux development and is familiar with back-end engineering. We value developers who can own projects and develop complete, end-to-end solutions.
You will join our existing agile scrum team to deliver amazing results on a regular basis - from refinement to deployment of each story. You will be hands-on in solutioning, implementing, and testing new features on the platforms, and you will be part of seeing these changes right through to production.
If you love coming up with creative solutions to technical problems and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves in something new, we’re looking for you! We love innovating with modern web technologies, such as Kubernetes, Node.js
, microservices, and containers. We are a fast-based shop who love to write clean code with clean architecture in place, and aren’t afraid to refactor!
Don’t be shy -- share your GitHub repository with us! We’d love to see some of your previous work!
Whats the Day to Day look like…
You are Made for This if You…
- Proficient development skills building UI with React
- Solid cross-browser skills using TypeScript - this is the main language we use to build our mobile site and micro services
- Some experience with PHP - our desktop runs in PHP so experience using PHP is important
- You embrace Test Driven Development (TDD) and are familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development tools and processes
- You are familiar with in Unit and Integration Testing
- You have experience troubleshooting complex technical solutions
- You write clean, efficient and robust code that can handle heavy traffic
- You have experience with mobile web either in adaptive or responsive methods
But what makes you really stand out is...
Okay about the cool stuff…
- Fitness Reimbursement Allowance
- Health and Dental Benefits with HSA Account
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- CAA Discount Program
- Perkopolis Member Discount Program
- GoodLife Fitness Corporate Discount Program
- Casual Dress Code..we want you to feel comfortable in your own skin, even online !
- Flexible Work Environment. We understand virtual work can be tough, we want to work with you to make work fit your lifestyle
Our Promise to you…
We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere