At AgriSound, we’re tackling the problem of the rapid, global decline in bees and pollinator species. Our technology monitors bee health and productivity and we’re starting to work with some major partners to bring our products to market.
We’re creating a people-first culture where enthusiasm and determination counts. Innovation and R&D is at the heart of our business which means that you need to be comfortable with change and want to grow with us as we push the boundaries of beekeeping and environmental management.
If you’re a fun, value driven self-starter with an interest in agriculture and the environment then we’d love to hear from you.
Developers of all disciplines are responsible for delivering software and services that meet the needs of the company and our customers. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, working on both commercial and grant-funded projects.
What you’ll do:
- Developing the latest user-facing features using React, Angular or Vue
- Designing a modern highly responsive web-based user interface
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Learn and understand user interactions
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers
Who you are:
- 1+ year of commercial development experience or strong practical training as part of qualifications
- Thorough understanding of React / Vue / Angular and its core principles
- Prior experience with popular React / Vue / Angular workflows
- Understanding of how to profile and improve rendering of React / Vue / Angular applications
- Experience with Google’s Firebase or Cloud Firestore is a plus
- Experience in writing Google Cloud Functions or similar is a plus
- Knowledge of communicating with, and structure of, RESTful APIs
- Confidence in creating beautiful UIs
- Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Tokens
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience with Git
- Experience working in an agile environment
- You are able to work under pressure to achieve goals for major product launch events
- Knowledge and experience with CI pipelines such as GitLab/Bitrise/Jenkins etc. is a plus
- Team player
- Excellent time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in environmental science, agriculture or biology is a plus.