The CoinGecko mobile app is built in React Native and available on both iOS and Android. The CoinGecko engineering team is mainly composed of backend/web engineers and we are looking to scale up the mobile team.
As a Mobile Lead, you will be helping to lead that effort in order to make cryptocurrency market data accessible to everyone across the globe via mobile.
What you'll be doing
- Be a key member of a team that builds the CoinGecko iOS/Android app.
- Define the standards and processes for mobile development.
- Help with growing and setting the tone for the mobile team.
- Build, test and ship customer facing features/products using tools and framework like React Native, Typescript, ES6, Redux, and RxJS.
- Create solid implementations and write clear, maintainable code.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases and general reliability.
What we look for in you:
- You're staying on top of React Native best practices.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering especially mobile app development.
- Experience developing and shipping user-facing features and applications using React or React Native at scale.
- Write high-quality tests
- Experience monitoring and managing apps in production
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work.
Nice to have:
- Native Android or iOS development experience a plus
- Keen interest in blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Experience working with Firebase
- Experience implementing analytics for Mobile
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
- Free daily team lunch
- Parking/Transport allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Basic insurance
- Training/Upskilling allowance