ezCater is expanding its engineering team and we are looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering real impact to the business. With a strong technical background and a desire to collaborate with talented engineers, product managers, designers and researchers, you will have enough autonomy to drive change within the engineering organization. Continuous innovation within the front end code base will ensure we maintain a rich end-user experience with our industry-leading software.
ezCater values data and technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
What You'll Do
- Improve the code base and the quality of code through PR reviews as well as noting legacy code that could be improved
- Identify creative and efficient ways to satisfy customer and business needs leveraging the best tech.
- Evolve the user experience based on A/B test results, Google Analytics data, and customer feedback.
- Embrace exciting scale challenges.
What You Have
- Preferably 2+ years of TypeScript experience.
- Working knowledge of CSS fundamentals.
- Integration with GraphQL a plus.
- A willingness to help level up fellow front end engineers with knowledge sharing on the latest technologies and best practices.
- Knowledge and/or experience building backend systems (we use Ruby on Rails, but not required).
- Knowledge of relational databases (we use Postgres, but not required).
- A desire to build robust systems that can be utilized across all of engineering.
- A strong appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind. At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized RTD-passes, a great office right in downtown Denver, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.