Smartling is looking for a creative and passionate Front-end Engineer for a remote, work-from-home position, anywhere in the continental United States. You will work on our suite of cutting-edge, highly interactive, service-driven applications. The ideal candidate should be as excited as we are about learning, discussing and using the latest techniques in software engineering to create highly scalable, performant services used by thousands of people every day.
Tasks at hand
- Develop new single page applications using React + Redux, Node.js and ES2017
- Develop components within a highly scalable component architecture
- Peer code reviews
- Design and implement functional tests
- Collaborate with product and backend service teams
- Strong knowledge of React + Redux
- Software Design knowledge: Microservices, Design Patterns, Functional Programming
- SPA Design (Single Page Application)
- Webpack (or Rollup) and transpiling Babel
- TDD (Jest, Enzyme, etc.)
- Experience with Node (Express, Koa) and NPM (especially semver)
- CSS modules/pre-processors (Less, Sass, CSS Next)
- Graphql, Apollo Client
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member.
Nice to Have
- Open Source projects
- Isomorphic applications
- Experience with AWS and infrastructure
- GraphQL, WebSockets (beyond REST)
- Monorepos (Lerna)
- Styled Components
- Apollo Server is a plus
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- FSA/HSA and 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.