Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Senior Software Engineer to join our Front-End Engineering team. As a Front-end Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application, which makes your role crucial for the success of our business.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll do at Amount:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day
- Use frameworks like React and Angular to build world-class Single Page Applications
- Explore exciting new technologies like GraphQL and Progressive Web Apps
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, testing, teaching, but most importantly learning
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own at Amount:
- Engineering Lead: Direct a group of junior engineers to accomplish objectives with the support of an engineering manager.
- The Customer Application: The first experience the customer has with Amount. You’ll likely be looking for ways to optimize the funnel or improve the flow for potential or returning customers.
- The In Progress Dashboard: The customer’s next step in being approved for a product, where their identity, income and other factors are verified. You’ll likely be looking for ways to speed up the time between applying and issuing a decision.
- The Customer Dashboard: Where the customer spends all of their time after being approved for a product. You’ll likely be working on improving and introducing new self-service workflows, saving the customer and our specialists time.
- A variety of internal tools, including our Admin & Partner applications: You’ll work on saving the time of customer specialists, providing a great experience for our partners, and making internal processes more efficient.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- You enjoy building UIs with React, Typescript, and Webpack
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are motivated by innovation and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago office when it is safe to do so.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!