Fully remote, anywhere in the world.
Live collaboration is is the heart of how teams work together and build culture. It's the highest bandwidth, most human way to create. Yet as the world reckons with becoming "suddenly remote," we're finding ourselves drowning instead in text messaging and scheduled meetings.
At Remotion we're building a virtual office to foster serendipitous conversation for creative, fast-moving teams who want fewer meetings. The premise is simple: Remotion puts your teammates on your desktop so you can see who's around and join the conversation.
We're looking for an engineer to lead development of our web experience. You'll be the main person building out a new, fully-featured web video collaboration product that will work alongside our existing macOS experience. You will wear many hats: thinking through feedback, product goals, design, implementation, learning and iteration. As an early engineer, you will have a large role in shaping how we work and grow as a company.
- Implement our React web app
- Work closely with product and design to build out new product features from start to finish
- Own the user experience of our users from account creation to getting into video calls
You’ll be successful in this role if you have...
- Enthusiasm for helping remote teams
- Strong prioritization and ownership of results in uncertain environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work across the stack where necessary
- Strong experience with React+Redux web development
Bonus points for...
- Experience working with Node.js, Google Cloud, or Cloud Functions
• Early-employee equity
• Work when and where you're most productive
• Medical, dental, vision insurance with max allowable premium coverage for you, and 50% coverage for your partner. Life insurance for you.
• Unlimited paid time off
• Paid parental leave
• New laptop, conferencing equipment, and budget for your work setup
• (Pending the end of the pandemic) Biannual company retreat (all expenses paid)
Remotion is an early-stage software company founded with the belief that people thrive when they can choose where and how they want to live. Our mission is to empower people to work from anywhere. We learnt how to build great products at companies like Google, Dropbox, Evernote and Microsoft, and we're well funded by world-class investors who've funded companies like Slack, Notion and Superhuman. Remotion is key to how we collaborate across 8 cities, 4 continents and 6 time zones.
At Remotion, we're looking for kind, talented people. We craft with focus, empower each other, and value diverse perspectives. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.