The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Board Management team within our Corporations Business Unit. We are the flagship product of Carta and we provide Equity Plan Management for Private and Public companies. Today, we manage upwards of 1 trillion of equity!
The Board Management team is a collaborative and passionate group of professionals that includes product managers, engineers, designers, customer support and sales. We’re united by a common mission to create more owners and simplify equity management. We place a high premium on experimentation and validated learning and we focus on being values and mission-driven, not didactic or prescriptive.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Architect, design and develop the frontend for the Board management product
- Champion and evangelize the best frontend practices to the rest of the team.
- Create, improve, and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time and with carefully calculated debt and tradeoffs.
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to iterate and deliver fast, get user feedback, implement and repeat
- Test-driven development (TDD), high levels of code coverage and automation
- Peer code review
- Measuring results of system changes through metrics, both in speed and value to the business
The Impact You’ll Have
- Working on the biggest organization at Carta
- Help to bring the highest revenue of the company
- Will create solutions to be used for our biggest audience
- Create leverage for companies by building tools to empower them managing their equity plans, stock positioning, and capitalization table
- Extensive experience building component libraries
- Experience with git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications
- Strong communication skills to coordinate cross-team efforts and enjoy solving problems that are crucial to the business, impacting the whole organization.
- You thrive to understand the full application lifecycle, from business requirements to environment idiosyncrasies and continuous deployment.
- You're passionate about FinTech and the challenges involved in creating a self-healing, robust and thoughtful architecture.
Our team consists of people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
The Interview Process
Our team believes that interviews are a two-way process and we strive to make them enjoyable without any “gotchas.” The interview process starts with a call with a member of our warm, amazing recruiting team who will tell you more about the job and the company. Then, you’ll meet the engineering manager for the Board management team, Preeti Kaur, who will walk you through the specifics of the position, the team structure, what we’re looking for, and of course, answer any questions you will have. This interview will last 30 minutes. After that you will do a 60 minute live coding interview with one of the members of our team. Finally, we will schedule you for another four to five meetings where you’ll be able to meet team members you’d work with to discuss everything from coding and design to Carta’s culture to cross-team collaboration and what you can expect, and what is expected from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.