We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission to disrupt and transform the hearing health industry. We’re looking for those passionate individuals who jump out of bed in the morning dreaming of new ways to improve the lives of our customers. We’re tech geeks and dreamers. We believe that every voice is unique and every idea is worth talking about. Moreover, we believe in passion and having fun. Because it takes passion to change the world and if you have passion in what you’re doing, you naturally have fun doing it.
Over 48 million Americans currently experience hearing loss and 80% of them do nothing about it. Their denial has many different shades, but more often than not it’s related to social stigma. We at Eargo exist to give people their hearing without the social stigma so that they can go on being the cool person they are. That’s why we get out of bed in the morning and we take that seriously. And we’re looking for some great minds to join us on our journey.
We're looking for a Lead Front End Developer who has a passion for building interactive marketing properties that will help continue Eargo’s position as the leading direct to consumer hearing aid in the market. The Lead Front End Developer will collaborate with leadership, marketing managers, designers, and engineers to develop net-new, mobile-first marketing destinations for B2C and B2B, optimize existing marketing properties, and support email and social integrations. It's a great time to join Eargo in this continuous and exciting journey to revolutionize the hearing aid market. We are not looking for a developer that has limited experience developing small parts of a system as part of a large team but rather someone who can take the lead and demonstrate their capacity to take projects from inception to delivery and support and ideally has done this successfully transforming the organization’s digital footprint.
- You will be the most Senior Front-end Developer at Eargo and a key player in the engineering team developing the most important customer-facing interfaces for our digital presence on the web
- You will develop solutions for Eargo’s digital presence on the Web - Creating modern and responsive HTML/CSS sites
- You will work with junior developers to assign and evaluate development tasks among the front-end developers.
- You will work with executives, designers, and technologists on helping define the UI/UX strategy for the company
- You will be responsible to review and co-develop specifications with business and leaders in the marketing and sales teams
- You will lead the development of the front-end for all of our online propertiesYou will collaborate with marketing leads, and designers to develop best in class, mobile-first marketing experiences
- You will lead the execution of the front-end development and work within our Agile environment cooperating with Project Managers to make sure the deliverables are met and the communication fluid to avoid issues in the systems
- You will be responsible to build responsive web and mobile-first experiences
- You will lead the development of code style guides, the upkeep of the codebase, fixing production bugs, and the iteration on existing features
- You will write accessible, W3C (508 compliant) code consistent across all browsers and platforms
- 3+ years of experience leading the development of web-based front-end solutions
- 5+ building component-based, responsive interfaces
- Proven experience in multiple projects developing responsive solutions
- Experience developing e-Commerce or externally facing web applications
- Experience developing front-end solutions that integrate to internal and external APIs
- Applied understanding of usability best practices, on-page SEO, and accessibility
- Superior communication, organization and time leadership skills and proven ability to positively collaborate in a cross-functional environment to execute deliverables on-time
Eargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All employment is decided upon the basis of qualification, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock options.