Fiix has a big goal – to create a more sustainable world. Sounds lofty right? Our mission is to make every maintenance team successful by enabling the adoption of a CMMS and we’re off to a great start. Teams that are part of the world’s most well known brands (like Toyota, Siemens, and Sara Lee) manage their maintenance activities and achieve greater results with Fiix. But we’re not stopping there. Our team is growing by leaps and bounds and we’re conquering new challenges every day. We’re looking for big thinkers with small egos to join us on our journey to create a more sustainable world.
Why we do it?
We’re a team of market disrupting, like-minded individuals. We all do things our own way, but we come together each and every day to create and deliver the long awaited answer to an antiquated industry – and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it.
As a Lead Developer, you will play a key role in our development team by contributing to building truly superior technology that changes the way people work, while nurturing and guiding a team of developers and QAs to their full potential. Reporting to the Manager Engineering, you will be part of the Product team and assist in creating and refining our development processes.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of Developers and QA Engineers and dive into some development yourself
- Act as a bridge between business and development teams, and guide the architecture to scale and meet requirements
- Oversee design, development and timely delivery of web based applications
- Collaborate cross functionally with other Lead Developers and Product Managers to ensure objectives are met
- Create and refine development processes
- Perform code peer reviews and lead implementation of best practices and standards
- Coach and inspire your team to create a high-performing culture where individuals can grow their careers as well as contribute to the company's success
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience developing business critical, high quality applications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading a team with a focus on coaching, mentoring and career development
- Solid understanding and experience with the following technical skills:
- Superb track record of developing front-end code for complex web applications for supported browsers and devices
- Proficiency developing Single Page Applications using modern frameworks like Angular or React
- SOLID design principles and have contributed to application architecture showcasing common Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Spring Boot and Java based backend applications architecture
- Designing REST APIs and producing elegant, self documenting endpoints
- Docker and AWS or another cloud provider
- Source control management and issue tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, JIRA etc.,)
- Encourage and implement TDD, CI & CD along with other best practices
- Microservices and CQRS/Event-Sourcing is a big plus
- Strong believer in a “You build it, you own it, you run it” approach to DevOps
- Thrive in collaborative environments focused on collective success in achieving group goals
- Obsess over delivering high quality software and care deeply about code quality, readability, reliability and security
- Stay calm under pressure and take a systematic approach to problem solving and issue troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field is ideal
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.