This role is for a Front-End Developer with experience in the telecommunications industry or at a solutions vendor, consulting firm and/or a mobile operator. The successful candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing java-based solutions.
What Problems Will You Be Solving?
One of the benefits of our company is that you won’t be working on one particular project for a long period of time - you’ll be working with different clients on different problems with a variety of teams - so flexibility and a willingness to learn new things are necessary to succeed! Think of it as having the fun and variety of a consulting gig but having a solid team supporting you as well as all the benefits and security of full-time employment! Some examples of projects that our team is currently working on are:
- Assisting with our client’s Agile transformation;
- Assessing the current technology landscape and recommending future technology to meet our client's strategic goals;
- Migrating from monolithic to microservices architecture;
- Helping our clients in developing their DevOps practices using principles such as automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery and proactive monitoring;
What You’ll Do
You will be designing and developing various solutions for our customers (who are generally mobile operators and vendors) and your average day will vary but will likely include:
- Design and software development/implementation of various java-based solutions for Sentaca customers
- Design user-facing features of custom built web applications.
- Ensure the technical viability of UI/UX designs
- Implementation and testing of solutions
- Design solutions for web development to meet or exceed WCAG 2.0 accessibility standard
- Interface with the Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner & other developers in the team
- Travel as required to client premises as required (within GTA).
- Collaborate with Technical Leads in scoping, sprint-planning and project estimations.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in client meetings and demos.
- Work in collaborative team, appreciate critical feedback and seeks it out in reviews with peers