About the role
At Canva we’re rapidly scaling our engineering team, approximately doubling in size each year. One of the challenges we face is sharing knowledge across the engineering organization. Recently, we set up a website to host internal documentation for engineers. The content grows every week and includes explanations of the way we approach problems, engineering practices, and style guides. The website has already been well received by engineers, but we know there’s a long way to go.
Our mission is to equip our hundreds of engineers with the knowledge, best practices, and reference materials they need to do their best work and to foster a culture of great documentation to help us scale.
You’ll work with a tech writer and designer to help develop the content and future vision of internal docs at Canva. We need someone with the technical skills to implement this vision and maintain the website hosting the docs.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and tech writers to build our vision for internal docs.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Respond to feedback and fix bugs in the platform.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the docs experience.
- Transform our internal engineering documentation into a world-class resource that our engineering team loves to use.
- Design and implement an information architecture for engineering documentation in tandem with our tech writer
- Structure engineering documentation and course materials to ease discovery and ensure there is a cohesive voice and user experience.
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML5/CSS3/JS)
- Understanding of at least the basics of NodeJS and its concepts
- Experience with build and management tools (Git, CI systems)
- Ability to collaborate with designers to rapidly prototype ideas
- The ability to clearly convey thoughts and ideas; both verbal and written.
- Computer science fundamentals
- Understanding of React / Typescript
- Knowledge of working with Gatsby
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a social are, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees covered
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We are looking for people who love technology and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so. Do you know we have a chef, Song and Chris, that make fantastic lunches for the team? Follow them on Instagram here to see what has been whipped up today: https://www.instagram.com/canvalife/