- We build software that helps businesses to find & hire available temporary talent represented by the best staffing agencies in the world.
- Hundreds of staffing agencies already use Gustav and we are growing every day. We are aiming to build a world-class dev team helping to build a product to scale our customer base to thousands of companies.
- We have raised $4M+ so far and are backed by the world’s best venture capital firms and business angels including Y Combinator, Beenext, Speedinvest, Youtube co-founder Jawed Karim and many others who are supporting us in our vision to create the worlds largest recruitment marketplace for contract talent.
- We are a fully remote company with employees located in the US and Europe.
As a Senior React Developer you will join a growing distributed team of currently 3 great software engineers. We are looking for somebody with great attention to detail and design. You should have exellent knowledge in React.js and the best front end development practices. You will be responsible for coding up user interfaces and components, troubleshooting, assisting development and QA with special projects, style guide/code conformity, page weight, and optimization. Our team has a good sense of humor and enjoys having fun. If you want to be part of this journey and shape the future of staffing, continue reading.
What You’ll Do
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use as specified by the UX team
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code integrated with the backend
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Bridge the gap between user interface design and technical implementation
- Work alongside the UX team to ensure style guide components are accurately represented across products
- Collaborate with the development team to develop a strategy that enables a great user experience
- Continuously research new and best coding practices
The Skills You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience in front-end development or related discipline
- Extensive experience in React.js ecosystem (Redux, Sagas, styled-components) and its core principles
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, yarn, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with version and source control, preferably Git
- Knowledge of the overall browser rendering behavior and measuring and optimizing performance
- Experience with mobile web apps is a great plus
- Passion for user experience and user-centric development with a strong eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal that include leading design-related conversations, the ability to build and nurture good relationships and foster an environment for collaboration
- Strong team player who is able to self-manage time and deliverables proactively
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Self-starter and passionate learner
- Located in a European or US timezone
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- We are anti-racist and fully support all genders. We love that everybody loves differently. And will make your life as easy as possible. No matter your cultural or religious needs.
- We will not ask about any of those things in an interview or later on. If you want to share your story, we'd love to listen. If not, that's cool!
Work remotely: We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive. For this role, you would ideally be located in a US or EU timezone.
Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: Get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job.
Minimum vacation: At least 15 days. If you feel the need for a break just let us know and we will make it happen.
Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers at least once per year.
Make a big difference and grow with us: Work directly with company founders in a small and flexible team.
The Hiring Process
Throughout this process, you'll have both asynchronous and real-time conversations with us utilizing tools that we use every day such as:
Conversations via Zoom - meet the team for each stage "in person" on video calls.
Access to a private Slack channel - chat directly with the founders to ask any questions you may have after having passed the 1st interview round.
Here's a breakdown of our recruitment process:
1. Getting to know each other: You'll spend some time chatting with us over Zoom to learn more about the company and the opportunity. (~30 minutes)
2. Skill assessment: You'll complete a technical interview with one of our lead engineers to help us learn more about your skills and strategic thinking. (~1-2 hour)
3. Coding test: We'll provide you with a small test project or coding test that you complete on your own time (~3 hours)
4. Personal conversation: We would like to get to know you better. This conversation will be with our CPO (Benjamin). (~1.5 hours)
5. Meet the team: You'll get to meet the other founders (Daniel & Jan). We value team fit over everything else. (~30 minutes)
6. Hiring decision/offer: We are mindful of your time. Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all and we are both happy you will receive a formal offer.
7. Final conversation (we would like to hire you): We are going to chat about any concerns you might have, on-boarding as well as any other details to get you started. (~1 hour)
We are lucky to hear from you!