Senior React Developer - Remote Contractor
We're a team of U.S. developers building custom web apps, mobile apps, VR apps and voice apps for clients, AIsoft (https://aisoft.dev/). We're looking to add a talented senior React developer to the team on a contract basis, who would be able to lead front-end development and manage one or two junior developers. We're looking for somebody who we could ideally have on the team for many years to come. During projects, we usually need 8-20 hours of availability in a given week.
A few things about our team: we're composed of ~8 remote developers who specialize in either front-end, back-end, mobile dev or VR. We have team members that handle Devops, product management and design, so you'd only be responsible for front-end: no back-end, deployment, design or product management stuff. Furthermore, while we're often able to find developers with the technical skill-set, we feel it's harder to find team members who are also super communicative and extremely thorough in reviewing/testing their work before delivering. These two things are really important to us.
If you’re interested, and think you might be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Please send a short description of your experience (can be in CV but doesn’t have to be) and links to Linkedin and/or a portfolio site, if you have them, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the phrase “AGUA” so we know you read this.
- Fluent English
- Located in the United States
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- 5+ years of experience in React development (flexible)
- Good experience implementing with a robust state management solution like Redux, though also more basic state management, when appropriate
- Able to create VERY basic UI wireframes on paper, or via something like Figma, to hand off to a designer as a starting point
- Experience implementing polling and/or server-sent events for long-running processes
- Experience using Web Workers for CPU heavy tasks to avoid blocking the UI thread
- Experience profiling code and optimizing bundle size
- Experience implementing complex CSS animations
- Experience with more advanced React concepts like code-splitting
- Comfortable overseeing a couple Junior developers (those with 1-2 years experience)
- Able to work closely with design team and product manager to provide implementation perspective and pushback
- Comfortable communicating with back-end developer to work out potential API bugs
- Experience with Material UI (bonus) or other similar component library
- Comfortable learning and integrating arbitrary third party APIs that have a front-end component like Stripe or others
- Websocket experience (bonus)
- Typescript experience (bonus)
- Threejs experience (bonus)