All candidates must provide a link to their portfolio/website or similar platform showcasing their work. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This role is suitable for Mid-level Developers but Senior is also welcome. Minimum of 3 years working in a similar role.
Flexible working offered but we are looking for someone who can come into the Leeds office at least twice a week.
Who we are:
Lucky Duck is an award-winning UX/UI design and development agency who strategise, design, build, and grow apps, websites, and digital experiences for our clients.
Our head office is based in Leeds and we have recently set-up a new office in London! We are a start-up company who work with clients primarily in the United Kingdom and major European cities and we have big plans to grow.
As part of our continued scaling, we’re looking for an ambitious and driven Developer to join our awesome team, work with amazing brands and build the best technology experiences.
What you will be doing:
- Working with a talented and agile team
- Building frontend part of websites with React.js (Gatsby.js) along with the Design team providing great UI/UX for users
- Developing backend part of websites with NodeJS
- Developing React Native apps if you have experience with this technology
- Inspiring others with thought-leading creativity showing great communication and presentation skills
What we are looking for:
- Strong understanding of React.js
- Good knowledge of writing CSS code. It would be great if you have used CSS preprocessors, have knowledge of BEM/SMACSS/OOCSS methodology, or familiar with CSS-in-JS libraries. We believe that writing good CSS code is just as important as writing good JS code!
- Understanding of NodeJS (backend development experience in any other languages than JS would be a bonus)
- Good knowledge of OOP paradigm
- Familiarity with FP paradigm
- Clean code (knowledge of common coding techniques is mandatory)
- Familiarity with common React.js libraries i.e Formik
- Good knowledge of Git
- Experience with development of complex UI
- Energising and delighting our customers is integral to everything we do here at Lucky Duck, and this should be apparent in the way you approach your work
Perks & benefits:
- A great environment to learn and develop your career
- 28 days holiday
- A wellness fund
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent quality coffee
- Office socials
- We'll invest in your education to help you do your job as best you can
- You will be encouraged to have opinions, bring ideas and contribute in a real way