- You must have 5+ years of front-end web development experience—preference is given to candidates who have experience with large single page applications of some scale.
- You must have a solid grasp of development and testing methodologies, object-oriented programming, and automated software testing.
As a plus
- Experience with any back-end technologies.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with UI/UX design.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Translate designs into reusable React components used by multiple teams.
- Be able to identify various repetitive patterns in the UI that could be abstracted and reused.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable front-end code.
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Identify Front-end architectural problems and bugs and suggest elegant solutions.
- Follow and improve best coding practices.
- The collaboration between various teams is expected so you should not be afraid to dive in and help integrating work in other team’s scope, guide and educate.
We’re building a team primarily responsible for working with internal UI component library development and support. At the same time, we are running a huge refactoring initiative from legacy code based legacy code to React.js. The team’s goal is to provide other teams with the most commonly used components (such as Inputs, Buttons, Modals, Tables, etc...) so that the code duplication could be minimized or eliminated entirely regarding UI development.
This position is much more focused on the technical side rather than product development.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on a refactoring initiative with a team of highly skilled front-end experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of web interfaces every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further. The bulk of the work we do is pure front-end development, but some back-end skills will help you.