Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
We’re looking for an Engineer with React Native and iOS experience for the Mobile Platform and Tools Team. As an engineer on this team, you’ll spend most of your time helping Product Team members build React Native mobile features more efficiently. This responsibility involves supporting teams as they use React Native for their mobile work as well as writing native iOS code and exposing the functionality to Hudl apps via a React Native interface.
As an iOS engineer supporting Product Team members across Hudl, you will also provide guidance on preparing for new iOS releases and Apple App Store restrictions and provide support to teams working with native iOS code for legacy or React Native features.
- Knowledgeable in React Native. You have worked with React Native and are familiar with its tools and upgrade process in addition to React concepts.
- Experienced in iOS. You have deep knowledge of iOS and understand the importance of having a robust native iOS layer below React Native features. You are proficient in Swift and capable of working in Objective-C.
- Willing to learn. You have solid mobile engineering skills but are always willing to dive into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Excited about helping others be productive. The idea of serving other Product Team members and making their lives easier sounds exciting to you.
- A mentor at heart. You find mentoring others rewarding so seek out opportunities to level up others in your area of expertise.
- Dedicated to delivering quality work. You want your team to get things done and done well and are willing to wear many hats to make this happen.
- Able to handle interruptions. Unplanned work to squash impediments and fix bugs will happen. You understand this and can work effectively with your team and stakeholders to prioritize this work appropriately while still taking sprint commitments into consideration.
- Extend and maintain Hudl’s React Native platform. To support teams working on customer-facing mobile features, you will be building out and maintaining the TypeScript and native iOS layers of Hudl’s React Native platform. To ensure the platform is reliable, well-maintained, and easy to use, you’ll think carefully about API design and your work will include quality tests and documentation. Android experience will be beneficial when designing the cross-platform API but is not required.
- Serve as a consultant to teams developing for mobile. With your knowledge of React Native and native iOS, you will support teams working in the mobile space by answering questions and reviewing pull requests, design reviews, and project plans upon request.
- Be a mobile advocate. As a member of a team that is building and maintaining a new foundation for mobile development at Hudl based on React Native, you will help members of the Product Team understand the value of mobile, how mobile development has evolved at Hudl, and the benefits of building on top of the new foundation.
- Be a cross-functional member of your team. Mobile Team is, at the moment, exclusively engineers—you will work with other team members to plan, develop, test, and ship the work you do.
- Be an involved team member. You will actively participate in scrum ceremonies and proactively and thoughtfully create tickets for the team’s backlog.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.