At Pie we are pioneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values-driven culture, where hard working self-motivated team members have limitless growth opportunities.
As a Staff Front-End Engineer at Pie Insurance, you’ll be a member of one of the teams within engineering that are responsible for delivering platforms and applications that are transforming the commercial insurance market. You will have access to cutting edge technological tools, and have a huge opportunity to impact Pie’s growth at scale.
How You’ll Do It
Stafft Engineers are innovative, driven by engineering excellence and create code that is a joy for other engineers to maintain and is highly testable. Rapid problem-solving is one of your core competencies. You’ll be collaborating with other world-class engineers to drive automation, leverage our analytics, and create awe-inspiring user experiences. The systems you develop will be large and must be highly resilient. This is a dynamic startup environment; you must love working on a design in the morning and performing root cause analysis on a production issue in the afternoon.
The Right Stuff
- 6+ years of industrial strength engineering development and delivery of large scale systems that had rigorous systemic quality requirements and/or delightful user interfaces
- Have created software design and can make appropriate trade-offs
- Deep understanding of open source frameworks and tools to shorten development efforts
- Have worked extensively in an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Have worked in CI/CD Environments
- Be a critical thinker, without over thinking
- Must be adaptable. We are a startup and you need to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or equivalent years of experience
- API Integration Experience
- Experience creating applications using responsive design
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Take-as-you-need PTO – Salaried
- 3 weeks paid vacation – Hourly
- 7 days of paid sick leave – Hourly
- Commute Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you!
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.