We are a fast-growing technology start up and we are focused on transforming industries through the use of advanced analytics. We are building a world-class cloud-native software solution for real-time feature extraction and pattern recognition on distributed fibre-optic sensing data and turning that data into actionable information.
We are backed by BP and have already attained a market leading position; Lytt is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the oil and gas industry. We have a successful track record of deploying our technology all over the world, delivering several hundred million dollars of value to our customers.
We have a highly experienced leadership team (including support from BP Launchpad), an agile and motivated workforce and we’re building a culture that celebrates innovation. With over 16 nationalities, a breadth and depth of expertise with a mix of interests, we are proud to bring diverse thinking to the energy industry’s most challenging problems.
We are continuing to make major developments to improve the digital experience for our customers across our collection of frontend applications. This work will include new features, performance improvements, rebuilds and iterative experiments on tools that are truly transforming industries. You will work on features from ideation, implementation and release collaborating with all teams and functions within the company. You will have complete autonomy for front-end decisions and the freedom to build our visualisation tool as you see fit.
You will ship often without sacrificing quality of code, collaborating extensively with the other engineers and data scientists on the team, where you’ll be exposed to the latest thinking in machine learning and artificial intelligence. We strive to write clean, simple and readable code while still developing highly scalable systems.
COVID-19 Update: All members of our team will be working from home for the foreseeable future, and interviews during that time will be conducted using video calls and other tools.
- Get hands-on and build amazing things that will wow our customers.
- Coordinate the planning, execution and release of projects.
- Take a major role in developing strategy for our APIs, infrastructure, and integrations.
- Work in cross-functional squads with the software engineers, data scientists, product owners, sales and marketing to iteratively create sector-leading digital experiences for our customers.
- Use your expertise to coach others on front-end best practices and level-up our team
- Define how we monitor our front end applications and their performance
- Help us refine our existing development and team processes to work even smarter
- Proficient with React and the React ecosystem
- Experience in developing cross platform apps using e.g. electron and react native.
- Interest in developing high performance frontend rendering using e.g. WebAssembly and WebGL
- Experience in start-ups or scale-ups with agile development environments
- Experience with rendering and high resolution visualisation
- Ability to effectively trade-off quality and execution speed
- Desire to share knowledge and enable others
- A love for the JS ecosystem with a finger on the pulse of the latest developments
- Bonus points for experience with Python!