MoneyLion was an early adopter of React Native. We currently maintain (in our opinion ;) ) one of the richest React Native applications on the app stores. As a Senior RN engineer, you'll come to us having experienced the full spectrum of RN development, from state management and writing native extensions to over-the-air updates and release cycles.
The MoneyLion mobile team prides itself on good communication, documentation, and instrumentation. With a fast-growing user base, and hundreds of thousands of daily active users, stability and awesome UX are our top priorities. You will be essential in overseeing the platform as a whole, making sure our features are performing well (and look great), supporting APIs are snappy, and instrumentation gives us internal visibility. You'll work closely with design, product, and the rest of the engineering team to ensure a holistic experience for our users and maintain a solid foundation to make the ML membership even more valuable.
What you'll have
- Experience building and maintaining an entire React Native application, having deployed at least one to the app/play store.
- Experience with Obj-C/Swift or Java/Kotlin
- Experience building and maintaining supporting API services (we use NodeJS for mobile APIs, and work with Java/Spring from time to time)
- Experience with instrumentation and performance monitoring (we use NewRelic, Fabric, and Bugsnag)
- Understanding of TypeScript, Redux, and Redux Saga (or Promises in general, sagas are a nice layer on top)
- Experience with mobile app analytics
Nice to also have some
- Experience with attribution platforms (AppsFlyer)
- Experience with deep linking (Branch.IO, URI Schemes)
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience with NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience with devops (e.g. AWS, nginx, all that good stuff)
- Understanding of message queue systems (Kafka)
- Understanding of caching systems (Redis)
Why you'll love it
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter benefits
- 401k with match
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free snacks and good coffee
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.