We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer with a creative mindset and desire to build great things. Are you passionate about making the user experience better and more inclusive? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to Smart Protection’s success?
Smart Protection is an extremely complex logistical machine, and
you will be working on the core that powers it all. The platform
requires special attention on performance, given the complexity of the data structures and the number of requests the services are handling each day. You and your team will be responsible for well testing your code (unit tests, acceptance tests, integration tests, load tests, performance tests) and propose/implement performance improvements.
What we do:
- We have our CI/CD structure set up with Jenkins (+docker) and we deploy several times each day.
- Our stack is React + Redux. We've started using Hooks and we like to make everything a bit functional.
- We add tests to everything, we are migrating from Enzyme to React Testing Library and we are using Cypress for the E2E tests. Also, we log what's going on internally using Sentry and Kibana.
- We share code, create internal libraries, and npm packages using.
What will you do:
- Produce simple, maintainable code and in the meantime search for ways to improve it.
- Build adaptable UI components usable in various applications.
- Learn and help others learn how to write great-quality code.
What you will need:
- Great software engineering skills.
- Depth of understanding and skill in software design and object-oriented architectures.
- Proven experience with at least one of the following frameworks: React, Vue.
- Experience in building applications with complex layouts.
- Good CSS and HTML5 knowledge.
- Experience with git.
- Comfortable with time management, task management, and agile methodologies.
- Eager to learn new frameworks and new ways of writing code.
- Learn from feedback and help others learn writing better applications.
- You’re passionate about what you do.
Nice to have:
- Thrives on challenging situations, hands-on attitude
- Knowledge or interest in the cybersecurity industry
- Interest on how the backend technologies work
What do we offer?
- A continuously growing Spanish scale-up within a global playing field
23 different nationalities within an ambitious and always smiling team
- A lot of learning and development opportunities within a dynamic tech company in the purest Silicon Valley-style
- The possibility of making a serious impact on our product
- The opportunity to execute and implement your own ideas and initiatives
- Flexible schedule around 09:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and on Friday around 09:00 - 15:00
- And of course, a competitive salary
What’s it like to work at Smart Protection:
- Smart Protection is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare, and childcare.
- If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scaleup with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
- All the gear you need.
- Regular fun team events.
- And last but not least...free coffee, fruits & tea!
If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scale up with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
*Please submit your application in English