Who is Object Computing?
At Object Computing, Inc. we offer team members a supportive, creative, and collaborative environment where they are encouraged to enhance their collective skills and employ industry best practices. We embrace continuous learning, professional development, and foster a community that welcomes change and growth.
We proudly build transformative technology solutions by leveraging open source software and our strategic partnerships with organizations like Amazon and Google. By purposefully engaging with our clients, we help them reimagine the impact and value they can achieve using smart, connective technologies.
OCI has expertise in constructing solutions in a variety of industries including: Aerospace, Energy, and Agriculture. We partner with clients to deliver software solutions that accelerate innovation within their organization and stand up to the evolving demands of their business. Our full life cycle software engineering solutions span multiple technology domains including real-time, embedded, large-scale, integrated, and distributed systems, to modern web and cloud-enabled applications.
What Will You Do
- Design, develop, and maintain software using agile methodologies and industry best practices
- Develop new user-facing features using Svelte, React, and Vue
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Generate repeatable tests and participate in code reviews
- Analyze requirements and provide feedback on the feasibility of design and implementation
- Collaborate with team members in order to find the best solution for the needs of your project
- Consult with end users and industry specialists to build great software
- Mentor and develop less experienced engineers
What You Will Bring
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Deep knowledge of software design and development best practices
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 including semantic elements, flexbox, grid layout, and media queries
- Familiarity with newer parts of the EcmaScript specification
- Thorough understanding of web frameworks like Svelte, React, and Vue
- Experience with state management approaches in these frameworks
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as npm, Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Prettier, Storybook, etc.
- Experience with front-end testing libraries like Jest, @testing-library, and Cypress
- Familiarity with designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth and JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- A desire to build world-class software
- Experience in a dynamic and collaborative software development environment
- An approachable demeanor and a positive attitude
What Makes You Stand Out
- Public GitHub repositories containing samples of web apps you have created
- Cloud experience (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Team leadership and mentoring
- Broad industry experience